B Tech is the abridged form of Bachelor of Technology. It is a professional four-year undergraduate course that covers all the fields of engineering as well as technology. BTech is available in various specializations like BTech computer science (CSE), BTech Biotechnology engineering, BTech Information Technology engineering (IT), BTech mechanical engineering (ME), BTech electronics and communication engineering (ECE), BTech civil engineering (CE), BTech in electrical engineering (EE), etc. Apart from the core engineering field, B Tech allows candidates to work in the Information Technology, Data Analysis, Consultancy, and Management sectors. BTech graduates having good technical skills can also apply for jobs in the public sectors and various Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs). B. Tech courses can be pursued in both online and offline modes.
The BTech course is designed for developing the technical skills of candidates who aim to invest themselves in the core technology and development industry of our economy. It comprises both workings of theoretical and practical knowledge of an individual. Students are offered admission on the basis of state level, national level, and university level entrance exams such as JEE Main, WBJEE, BITSAT, KLEEE, AP EAMCET, and JEE Advanced (applicable only for IITs), etc.
List of B Tech Courses
- B Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B Tech Civil Engineering
- B Tech Electronics & Communication
- B Tech Computer Science Engineering
- B Tech Aeronautical Engineering
- B Tech Automobile Engineering
- B Tech Electrical Engineering
- B Tech Biotechnology Engineering
B Tech Course Specializations:
|BTech in Biotechnology||B Tech in Agriculture Engineering|
|BTech in Production Engineering||B Tech in Petroleum Engineering|
|BTech in Computer Science||B Tech in Plastic Engineering|
|BTech in Data Science and Engineering||B Tech in Aeronautical Engineering|
|BTech in Mechanical Engineering||B Tech in Artificial Intelligence|
|B Tech in Footwear Engineering||B Tech in Automobile Engineering|
|Biotechnology Engineering||B Tech in Nanotechnology|
|B Tech in Civil Engineering||B Tech in Marine Engineering|
|B Tech in Food Technology||B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|B Tech in Electronics Engineering||B Tech in Chemical Engineering|
|B Tech in Information Technology||B Tech in Aerospace Engineering|
|B Tech in Robotics Engineering||B Tech in Electrical Engineering|
|B Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering||B Tech in Telecommunication Engineering|
|B Tech in Software Engineering||B Tech in Genetic Engineering|
How to Get Admission in B tech?
To get admission in engineering, below are the sequence of steps that have to be followed by the candidates before applying for BTech courses.
- Candidates in order to be admitted to BTech have to appear for an entrance exam
- There are various national level entrance exams like JEE Main, which is accepted by NITs, GFTIs, and JEE Advanced which is accepted exclusively by IITs
- Other than the exams mentioned above, there are other state-level exams that are accepted by many colleges like WBJEE, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, KEAM, and MHT CET. other university-based entrance exams such as VITEEE, SRMJEEE, BITSAT, UPESEAT, etc
- The entrance exams are conducted mostly in April, May, and June every year
- After the declaration of the results, it is followed by counseling, and the seat allotment process has been conducted by the concerned authorities. During the counseling process, candidates will have to choose the college and courses of their choice based on the rank acquired by them
- After the college is chosen, candidates will have to visit the campus of the respective college for conducting the admission formalities
B Tech Course Entrance Exams
There are numerous entrance exams in India, divided into national, state level, and university levels. The national level top B Tech entrance exams are JEE Main, JEE Advanced state-level BTech exams include WBJEE, MHT CET; And university level exams include BITSAT, VITEEE, and SRMJEEE. To know more about these exams, read the following.
The Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by the national testing agency or NTA. It is conducted for admissions in NIT, IIITs, GFTIs, and other institutions all over India.
The JEE Advanced is conducted for admissions in IITs. Candidates who come under the ranks of 2.5 Lakhs are eligible to apply and sit for JEE Advanced.
WBJEE is conducted by the West Bengal joint entrance examination board. It is conducted for admissions in undergraduate B Tech courses.
MHT CET is conducted by the state common entrance test cell of Maharashtra. The exam is conducted on the basis of class 11 and class 12 syllabi.
BITSAT is conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani for students who are interested in taking admissions in the Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campuses.
VITEEE is conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology for candidates who are interested in taking admissions for the Vellore and the Chennai campus.
SRMJEEE is conducted by SRM University for candidates willing to take admissions in B Tech for various campuses. Admissions are taken on the basis of entrance exams and merit and the seats are allotted on the choice filling and merit.
Skills That Make You Best B Tech Engineer
There are particular skill sets that make up a perfect engineer. Some of the Bachelor of Technology skills include possessing great technical skills but also social and emotional intelligence. Other skills needed to be an efficient engineer are as follows:
- Compassion, empathy
- knowledge insights
- logic, and skills
- efficient in logical thinking
- reasoning Qualkitiy
- curious, calculative and creative
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving ability
- Building interpersonal skills
Career Options and Job Prospects after B Tech
The types of jobs that the Bachelor of Technology graduates get hired from are commonly Computer Science Engineer, Automobile Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, etc. Other career options have been mentioned below that are trending in the present technological era.
- Computer Science Engineer
- Ceramic Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Marine Engineer
- Telecommunication Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Construction Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineer
- HCL Technologies
- TATA Consultancy
- IBM Global Services
- Hindustan Unilever LTD
- Infosys Technologies
- Mahindra & Mahindra LTD
The average annual starting salary could fluctuate between Rs. 2.5 Lakh Per Annum to Rs. 9 Lakh Per Annum given the degree or diploma a candidate carries.